From evolutionary information to biophysical annotation
We develop the computational methods to integrate information theory with molecular biophysics, to bridge length and time scales, and to finally understand molecular and systems evolution by computational means.
"Nichts ist so praktisch wie eine gute Theorie.", Kurt Lewin (founder of modern socialpsychology) -- loosely translated: "There is nothing as practical as a good theory."
- [11|01|17] paper accepted in J. Chem. Inf. Mod. on enzyme engineering of the cutinase for PET hydrolysis
- [01|12|16] paper accepted in Scientific Reports on cAMP-modulation of gating in HCN channels
- [22|11|16] paper accepted in Viruses on ion channel activity of Vpu proteins
- [22|07|16] paper accepted on visual analysis of multiple sequence alignments at the Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biology and Medicine
- [14|06|16] paper accepted in Privacy in Statistical Databases (PSD 2016) on better estimators for Entropy l-Diversity
- [31|05|16] paper accepted in Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (WABI 2016), on connectivity graphs in MD simulations of riboswitch design
- [22|04|16] paper accepted in ACS Chemical Biology on activity in the β5 catalytic subunit of the 20S Proteasome
- [20|04|16] paper accepted in BMC Bioinformatics on inaccuracies in BLOSUM substitution matrices and the impact on search performance
- [25|03|16] paper accepted at the 9th European Lisp Symposium on macro facilities for statistical tests
- [06|01|16] paper accepted at the 19th European Conference on the Applications of Evolutionary Computation (EvoNUM)
- [16|12|15] paper accepted in PLoS One on statistical methods in biochemical assay development (based on work on β-keto esters - enzyme reactions)
- [20|09|15] paper accepted in Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Biomembranes on functional implications of deletion in K+ ion channels
- [15|07|15] TU Darmstadt initiates new profile area in cyber security (CYSEC); I am one of the PIs
- [30|06|15] two founding initiatives successful: iNAPO (ion-conducting nanopores) and CompuGene (computational genes), funded by the LOEWE program
- [11|04|15] Paper on graph reconstruction from time series data accepted at the 2nd Int. Conf. Algo. Comp. Biol.
- [16|02|15] Paper on statistical assessment of transfer entropies accepted in Frontiers in Physics
- [26|12|14] Paper on Covalent Docking accepted in the Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling
- [25|08|14] Paper on Privacy in Whole Genome Sequence Processing accepted at the Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society
- [12|07|14] Paper on Visual Analytics in Molecular Coevolution accepted at VAST2014